SEMIFINALS FOR PALM BEACH KENNEL CLUB’S $50,000 HE’S MY MAN CLASSIC
SUNDAY AFTERNOON, JANUARY 21!
CAN GRAND AZUL ENTER THE FINALE UNDEFEATED?
West Palm Beach, Fl. – Semifinal action for Palm Beach Kennel Club’s $50,000 He’s My Man Classic takes place Sunday afternoon, January 21.
Two semifinal races will be contested, with the top eight point scorers earning their way into the championship final slated for Saturday afternoon, January 27.
Following 18 qualifying races, the sweet sixteen in point earnings will go muzzle-to-muzzle to determine which eight of these superstars will be going for the 2018 championship and the $25,000 first-place prize.
After three rounds of qualifying its Rader Racing Kennel’s Grand Azul leads the semifinalists with a perfect 45 points, going undefeated through the first three qualifying rounds.
Grand Azul will be competing in Race 14, going muzzle-to-muzzle with the Greyhound who defeated him in last month’s $20,000 Dick Andrews Futurity, the well-posted #1 Eyesappealing. Also in a good spot in the semifinals is Azul’s kennelmate, #8 SE’s Cool Kate.
The afternoon’s other semifinal event will be contested in Race 12. And this race would be a headliner at any track in the country.
Palm Beach Kennel Club’s current season track win leader, #1 Tip Top will face for the first time, the powerful pup #2 JT’s Blindnspeed. Add to the mix the super-early speedster #7 JSK Lubbock and stake-race veteran and fan favorite #6 Big Red Dog, and you have an instant classic!
The lineups for Sunday afternoon’s semifinals:
- Tip Top (Barcelona Boss – Kiowa Starz Sage, Rader Racing)
- JT’s Blindnspeed (Pat C Sabbath – Julianne Hough, Koppe, Staats & Collins)
- Dutch Hobbs (Kiowa Mon Manny – Dutch Dimple, Lester Raines)
- Pat C Fickle (Pat C Clement – Pat C Wind Up, Koppe, Staats & Collins)
- Atascocita Emett (Flying Westover – Atascocita Golda, Suncoast)
- Big Red Dog (Rhythmless – KB’s La Bella, Rader Racing)
- JSK Lubbock (Atascocita Gray – JSK I Love Lucy, B & B Racing)
- O Ya Baby Blue (KC And All – O Ya Cranberry, Janie Carroll)
- Eyesappealing (Barcia Bale – Goldilocks, Lester Raines)
- Top Notch (Barcelona Boss – Kiowa Starz Sage, Rader Racing)
- Rail Defender (Stealintheshow – Shot At The Nite, Janie Carroll)
- Char Vallon (Djays Octane – Hail Storm Bones, James Douglas)
- Atascocita Elske (Kiowa Sweet Trey – Atascocita Zeal, Suncoast)
- JT’s In The Bank (Pat C Sabbath – Julianne Hough, Koppe, Staats & Collins)
- Grand Azul (Barcelona Boss – Kiowa Starz Sage, Rader Racing)
- SE’s Cool Kate (Flying Coal City – As She Is Basra, Rader Racing)
The $50,000 He’s My Man Classic is the first event in Palm Beach Kennel Club’s $150,000 “Big 3″ Stakes series, which includes the $50,000 James W. Paul 3/8ths Mile Derby (Saturday afternoon, February 24) and the $50,000 Arthur J. Rooney, Sr. St. Patrick’s Invitational (Saturday afternoon, March 17).
The Classic is named for Palm Beach Kennel Club racing legend and the track’s first multimedia sensation He’s My Man and dedicated to the man who raised and trained “Roscoe”, Bill Pappas.
Contact: Jeff Prince (561) 683-2222, Ext. 126 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Join Us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/pbkennelclub
Join Us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/pbkennelclub