SEMIFINALS FOR PALM BEACH KENNEL CLUB’S $50,000 JAMES W. PAUL 3/8THS MILE DERBY
SUNDAY AFTERNOON, FEBRUARY 17!
CAN THE REMARKABLE NEWBURYPORT REMAIN UNDEFEATED!
West Palm Beach, Fl. – The fourth and final round of qualifying for Palm Beach Kennel Club’s $50,000 James W. Paul 3/8ths Mile Derby takes place Sunday afternoon February 17.
Starting with an original field of 48 hopefuls, there are now 16 Greyhounds who have a shot at making the final eight and an opportunity of winning the $25,000 first-place purse.
Heading into the semifinals, only one Greyhound remains undefeated, Rader Racing Kennel’s amazing youngster, Newburyport.
Newburyport has shown that she can win races going box-to-wire and by coming from off the pace. In this semifinal event, it appears she will be giving chase to Koppe, Staats & Collins kennel’s Pat C Verona. If Newburyport can clear the initial turn first or second, then she will absolutely be the morning line favorite for the championship finale.
The lineup for Sunday afternoon’s semifinals:
- Pat C Snickers (Pat C Clement – Pat C Deception, Koppe, Staats & Collins)
- Declarationofwar (Djays Octane – PJ Get Out, Rader Racing)
- TC’s Bitterman (Djays Octane – Hail Storm Bones, James Douglas)
- KB’s Davilla (Atascocita Gray – BOC’s Haiti Baby, Rader Racing)
- Barts Jasmine (Deerfield Mover* – Barts Lilac, James Douglas)
- Stoughton (Djays Octane – Myra Kraft, Rader Racing)
- O Ya Fire Fly (Kiowa Mon Manny – O Ya Victoria, Lester Raines)
- Elizabeth Banks (Pat C Clement – WW Lonesome Dove, D. Q. Williams)
- O Ya Sammich (Defrim Bale* – O Ya Jennifer, Janie Carroll)
- Bartsblackrushin (Gold Town* – Barts Magpie, James Douglas)
- Daniel Craig (Flying Westover – Paul Walker, D. Q. Williams)
- Tatooed Tommylee (Djays Octane – Hey Dodi Lou, Brindle Kennel)
- Marblehead (Djays Octane – Myra Kraft, Rader Racing)
- Pat C Verona (SH Avatar – Idaho Cuda, Koppe, Staats & Collins)
- Bartsbitethedust (Trent Lee – Barts Stars, James Douglas)
- Newburyport (Djays Octane – Myra Kraft, Rader Racing)
The top eight-point earners following Sunday afternoon’s semifinals will comprise the $50,000 Derby championship field.
The 88th running of the Three-Eighths Mile championship final will be contested in the twelfth race Saturday afternoon, February 23, and is one of the nation’s longest running stake events.
The Derby is named in honor of humanitarian, greyhound owner and dedicated supporter of greyhound adoption James W. Paul.
Special activities for this outstanding afternoon of championship Greyhound racing include:
* 15-Superfecta Races!
* Guaranteed $10,000 Pick 4!
* Cory Marin performs our National Anthem! (12:30 p.m.)
* Food Specials! Hot Dog & Draft Beer for only $4.50 / Hot Dog & Soda for only $3.50!
* Join John Martin with ESPN West Palm Street Team with the Cash Cube and a chance to win up to $500 and other prizes! (In front of first-floor Poker Room, 2:00 – 4:00 pm).
* The first 400 racing fans to enter the track will receive a 2019 Souvenir, Collectable Derby Glass, with a listing of all past Derby winners, courtesy of WPTV News Channel 5. (ONE GLASS PER PERSON, NO EXCEPTIONS, 11:30AM – WHILE THEY LAST)
* For the kids, Balloon Artist Karl Koppertop and Ace the Poker Bear! (1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.)
* Greyhound Pet Representatives will be on hand to answer any questions you may have about adopting one of these loving dogs!
* The finale of the 88th running of the $50,000 James W. Paul 3/8ths Mile Derby featuring Palm Beach Kennel Club’s top middle-distance athletes! (Race 12)
Contact: Jeff Prince (561) 683-2222, Ext. 126 / email@example.com
Join Us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/pbkennelclub
Join Us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/pbkennelclub