MAY IRISH EYES BE SMILING ON THEM ALL!
$50,000 ARTHUR J. ROONEY, SR. PATRICK’S INVITATIONAL, SATURDAY AFTERNOON, MARCH 16!
DYNAMIC DUXBURY DRAWS THE EIGHT POST!
West Palm Beach, Fl. – Post positions have been drawn and it’s time for the Greyhounds to do all the talking, as Palm Beach Kennel Club’s prepares for its biggest, most fun and exciting afternoon of the year, the 43rd running of the $50,000 Arthur J. Rooney, Sr. St. Patrick’s Invitational Saturday afternoon, March 16.
It was déjà vu all over again at the press conference post position draw. This time, trainer Yong Rader who was drawing for Duxbury, was the fifth kennel representative to go up to the big board and randomly draw from the post positions remaining, the 4, 5, 7 and 8.
And just like at the post draw for the $50,000 He’s My Man Classic, Yong stood and studied the big board. She knew what post Duxbury wanted and was hoping for lightning to strike a second time.
And it did! When Yong showed the crowd in attendance the puzzle piece with post position eight, everyone burst into a round of applause. She had just made Duxbury the morning line favorite and the one to beat in the $50,000 Arthur J. Rooney, Sr. St. Patrick’s Invitational.
Duxbury has already won two major stake championships. Last December, she romped to victory in the $20,000 Dick Andrews Futurity and in the process set a new stakes record time of 29.35 seconds. And then with no break, went right into qualifying for the $50,000 He’s My Man Classic. Duxbury swept the four qualifying rounds and on finale day, won the Classic – from the eight post – setting another stake race record clocking of 29.07 seconds, the fastest 545-Yard Royal Palm Course time of the 2018/19 season.
So now, let’s take a gander at the other seven deserving $50,000 Arthur J. Rooney, Sr. St. Patrick’s Invitational entries.
A quick breakdown shows that several Greyhounds will have a legitimate shot at having the lead as the entries head onto the backstretch, including #1 Gettin The Money, multi-stake finalist #3 JT’s In The Bank, #6 Jim Bowie, and yes, #8 Duxbury.
Looking at the strong first-turn rushers who can benefit from any possible trouble in the Invitational, we offer you #2 Draft King, #4 Dutch Dillinger, Derby champion #5 Elizabeth Banks and #7 Barts Iron Bank.
Nothing is a lock in Greyhound racing. A misstep at the break, a slight bump at the first turn or getting involved in a traffic jam entering the backstretch. But on paper, this is Duxbury’s race to lose. If you take this multi-stake-winning record-breaking youngster out of the equation, then this is anyone’s race.
The “Luck of the Irish” will be smiling on one of these elite eight illustrious and deserving athletes:
- Gettin The Money (Offthebrakedrake – Goodluck Topaz, D. Q. Williams)
- Draft King (Pat C Clement – Keen Katy, Arthur Agganis Kennel)
- JT’s In The Bank (Pat C Sabbath – Julianne Hough, Koppe, Staats & Collins)
- Dutch Dillinger (Kiowa Mon Manny – Chasmo’s Ginger, Lester Raines)
- Elizabeth Banks (Pat C Clement – WW Lonesome Dove, D. Q. Williams)
- Jim Bowie (KC And All – Atascocita Sasha, Brindle Kennel)
- Barts Iron Bank (Dragon Fire – Barts Accountant, James Douglas Kennel)
- Duxbury (Pat C Clement – WW Lonesome Dove, Rader Racing Kennel)
The 43rd running of the $50,000 Arthur J. Rooney, Sr. St. Patrick’s Invitational will be held in Saturday afternoon’s twelfth race with an approximate post time of 4:00 p.m.
Palm Beach Kennel Club honors Arthur J. Rooney Sr. and honors his legacy with our annual St. Patrick’s Invitational. “The Chief” was the founding owner of the Pittsburgh Steelers, established in 1933 and bought the Palm Beach Kennel Club in 1970 and Yonkers Raceway in 1972. He was also an outstanding athlete playing football, baseball and amateur boxing. He will always be remembered as one of the most popular figures in sports.
Special activities for this exceptional afternoon of championship Greyhound racing include:
* 15-Superfecta Races!
* $10,000 Guaranteed Pick 4!
* Join John Martin with ESPN West Palm’s Street Team for a chance to win up to $500 in the Cash Cube! (In front of Poker Room, 2:00-4:00 pm)
* Enjoy Live Irish Dancing performed by Tir na Greine! (Outside Stage, 12:15 p.m. – 12:45 p.m.)
* Our National Anthem performed live by Bailee Bonick! (12:45 pm)
* Live Irish Music performed by Jody Pollard! (12:30-2:30pm)
* For the kids, Karl Koppertop will be here with his amazing Balloon Magic along with the popular Ace the Bear!
* Greyhound Pet Representatives will be on hand to answer any questions you may have about adopting one of these loving dogs!
* Irish Food Specials in the Paddock and Terrace Restaurant!
* The 43rd running of the $50,000 Arthur J. Rooney, Sr. St. Patrick’s Invitational! (Race 12)
Contact: Jeff Prince (561) 683-2222, Ext. 126 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Join Us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/pbkennelclub
Join Us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/pbkennelclub