IT’S FINALLY HERE!
MAY IRISH EYES BE SMILING ON THEM ALL!
IT’S THE $50,000 ARTHUR J. ROONEY, SR.PATRICK’S INVITATIONAL,SATURDAY AFTERNOON, NOVEMBER 7!
MINERAL SPIRITS INSTALLED AS INVITATIONAL FAVORITE!
…AND IT’S BREEDERS’ CUP DAY!
West Palm Beach, Fl. – Post positions have been drawn and it’s time for the Greyhounds to do all the talking, as Palm Beach Kennel Club’s prepares for its biggest, most fun and exciting day of the year, the 44th and final running of the $50,000 Arthur J. Rooney, Sr. St. Patrick’s Invitational Saturday afternoon, November 7.
At the press conference and post-position draw, it was evident by the attendee’s applause who drew the best starting positions.
First up was the draw for the James Douglas Kennel’s Barts Sea Hawk, the only entry who was in last March’s original Invitational field, who drew post number one. This is a great spot for Sea Hawk, who will be going for his fourth-consecutive victory. It will be difficult, if not impossible, to keep him out of the top three.
Next up was the draw for D. Q. Williams Kennel’s Mineral Spirits. In the best possible scenario for this impressive youngster, he drew the number eight position. Spirts will also be going for four-straight wins and appears to have a clean rush to the first turn, thus giving him the nod as the one to defeat.
Another $50,000 Arthur J. Rooney, Sr. St. Patrick’s Invitational entry who will be in the thick of things early on is Lester Raines Kennel’s #4 Bug Brush. Also going for a foursome of wins, Bug Brush will be right up there early with Barts Sea Hawk and Mineral Spirits. If he can build up a possible big early lead, then he could very well hold on for the victory.
The “Luck of the Irish” will be smiling on one of these elite eight illustrious and deserving athletes:
- Barts Sea Hawk (Gold Town* – Seadon Traveler, James Douglas Kennel)
- JD Replicate (KC And All – JD Andromeda, Brindle Kennel)
- Pat C Inferno (Flying Fired Up – Pat C Pop In, Koppe, Staats & Collins)
- Bug Brush (SH Avatar – Flying Lipstick, Lester Raines Kennel)
- Freedom’s Fawn (Buzz Around – Flying Unrest, Janie Carroll Kennel)
- CBJ Shocker (Kiowa Mon Manny – CBJ Waterford, Arthur Agganis Kennel)
- Opal Long (Pat C Clement – Winta Garoppolo, Radar Racing Kennel)
- Mineral Spirits (Who Says I Can’t – Good Luck Ruby, D. Q Williams Kennel)
The 44th and final running of the $50,000 Arthur J. Rooney, Sr. St. Patrick’s Invitational will be held in Saturday afternoon’s twelfth race with an approximate post time of 4:00pm.
Palm Beach Kennel Club honors Arthur J. Rooney Sr. and honors his legacy with our annual St. Patrick’s Invitational. “The Chief” was the founding owner of the Pittsburgh Steelers, established in 1933 and bought the Palm Beach Kennel Club in 1970 and Yonkers Raceway in 1972. He was also an outstanding athlete playing football, baseball and amateur boxing. He will always be remembered as one of the most popular figures in sports.
Special activities for this exceptional afternoon of championship Greyhound racing include:
WATCH, WAGER & WIN ON THE BREEDERS’ CUP WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS FRIDAY AND SATURDAY!
Gates Open at 11am
Keenland Post Time – 11:30am
Gates Open at 9:30am
Keenland Post Time – 10:15am
* National Anthem Performed by Bailee Bonick (Noon)
* 15 Superfecta Races!
* On-Track for Autism Walk (Noon)
* Irish Music performed by Walt Rooney (Noon-3pm) and Jody Pollard (3-6pm)
* For the Kids, Balloon Artist Karl Koppertop and Ace The Bear! (1-3pm)
* Enter to Cash & Prizes in True Oldies Breeders’ Cup Handicapping Contest! (Enter by 2pm)
* Greyhound Adoption Representatives will be on hand to answer questions you may have about adopting one of these loving dogs!
* The 44th running of the $50,000 Arthur J. Rooney, Sr. St. Patrick’s Invitational! (Race 12)
Contact: Jeff Prince (561) 683-2222, Ext. 126 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Join Us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/pbkennelclub
Join Us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/pbkennelclub