- This event has passed.
Preakness Stakes Watch Party
May 19, 2018
The 143rd running of The Preakness, the second leg of the Triple Crown, will be featured on Saturday afternoon, May 19
Watch, wager and win on the Second Jewel of the Triple Crown live via simulcast from Pimlico Park. Plus, 15 superfecta greyhound races, Trackside BBQ and an Armed Forces Day salute! Join 97.9 FM True Oldies broadcasting LIVE in front of the first floor Poker Room from 12:00 – 2pm and enter to win a free handicapping contest to win a 2 Day Bahama Celebration Cruise!
- Admission gates, restaurants and Mutuel windows open at 10am.
- Pimlico’s Post Time is 10:30am.
- To celebrate Armed Forces Day: Lake Worth High School ROTC will present its color guard at 12:25pm, and at 12:30pm the National Anthem will be sung by Gary Hodges.
- Fun Preakness Activities include balloon artist Karl Koppertop and Ace the Poker Bear.
- Greyhound Adoption Representatives will be on hand with greyhounds to pet and to answer questions about adoption.
- From 12-2pm True Oldies 95.9 will be broadcasting live near the first-floor Poker Room with their handicapping contest for a chance to win a 2-Day Bahama Celebration Cruise! Receive your handicapping entry blank at any entrance. Select the first four finishers in order for the Preakness. Entries should be deposited with True Oldies staff at their table near the first-floor Poker Room or Info Centers by 2pm.
- From 12pm enjoy the Trackside BBQ with your favorite grilled foods and a cold beverage
- Patrons can purchase a Preakness Glass for only $2 with the purchase of any beverage. Enjoy a Black-Eyed Susan: (bourbon & fruit juices) for $5 / $7 with glass.
- Advance betting will be available for the Preakness on Friday, May 18