- This event has passed.
Vote No on 3 & 13
November 6, 2018
Dear Valued Patron of the Palm Beach Kennel Club, this November, we urge you to vote NO on Amendment 3 and 13.
Amendment 3 is a wolf in sheep’s clothing — Don’t Be Fooled!
The committee behind Amendment 3 is cleverly called “Voters in Charge”. It gives the false impression that the amendment is a pro-gaming amendment by letting voters decide.
Nothing could be further from the truth. The amendment is backed, primarily, by the Seminole Tribe and Disney. An odd couple to say the least, with one exception…their desire to trick you into granting them a monopoly in Florida.
If Amendment 3 is adopted, any future expansion of gaming would require a citizen-backed statewide initiative to amend the constitution requiring a 60% approval of the voters.
Future gambling options would be off the table, such as:
- The ability for Florida to take advantage of legalized sports betting, in any form.
- The ability for local voters to approve casino gambling in their areas of the State, local control is taken away.
- The ability for voter-approved casinos in South Florida to offer new products.
Another thing the special interests behind Amendment 3 won’t tell you: this amendment is anti-education. It would deprive our state of hundreds of millions of dollars in school funding.
Many experts and commentators are saying that Florida’s schools are already starved of funds—our state is ranked 42nd according to one report.
If it passes, our children’s education will suffer. Millions from casino gambling that currently pays for educational facilities, supplies, higher pay for educators, and other resources will disappear—all just to line the pockets of the Tribe and Disney. This November, don’t be fooled – vote NO on Amendment 3.
For More Information:
Amendment 13 is the proposed ban on greyhound racing.
Palm Beach Kennel Club is 100% against Amendment 13 and is fully supportive of the continuation of greyhound racing in Florida. We encourage everyone to do their part to spread the word to SUPPORT GREYHOUND RACING & VOTE NO ON AMENDMENT 13.
- Greyhounds run at a maximum of twice a week, and those runs are no more than 30 seconds at a time
- A veterinarian is on location and actively oversees each and every run to ensure a standard of safe practice and proper care
- The average age of a retiring racer is 3 to 4 years old
- More than 60 greyhound adoption groups are VOTING NO on Amendment 13
- Greyhound pets are affectionately coined “world’s fastest couch potato” with their ability to fly matched only with their ability to snooze
About Palm Beach Kennel Club:
- In the year 2017 alone, we:
- Contributed $86,316 to greyhound adoption with 297 pets adopted
- Donated $484,623 to local charity organizations
- Paid $4.8 million in taxes to Florida and Palm Beach County
- Employed 539 people, with a payroll of $16.8 million
In tandem with the Rooney Family Charitable Golf Foundation, Palm Beach Kennel Club has also raised and donated $838,412.35 since 2003 to local Palm Beach County Charities such as Autism Project of Palm Beach County, Gold Coast Downs Syndrome, Home Safe, Pathways to Independence, Place of Hope, Potentia Academy, St. Ignatius Outreach Program and St. Mary’s of Pahokee.
Please join us in Voting NO on Amendment 13 – because at the end of the day…these dogs were born to run.
For More Information:
Please contact Publicity for more information at ext. 120, 125 or 126.