Must be a dog lover. Ability to follow camp instructions/processes and protocols. Manage, monitor, and engage multiple dogs. Clean dogs, common areas, and relief stations. All shifts available.
Camp Counselor / Playtime Attendant
- Maintaining and facilitating safe and fun play for large groups of dogs (separated by size and temperament) in an open play setting.
- You will need to be able to interact in a positive way with all sizes and types of dogs (if you are afraid of any breed, then this is not the place for you). We do not breed discriminate.
- All candidates must be willing to feed dogs, bathe dogs, play with and clean up after dogs, and participate in routine cleaning on a daily basis.
- Schedules vary and you will be required to work some weekends and holidays. Some lifting is required and you must be able to stand and/or walk around for extended periods of time with some of your work day potentially being outdoors regardless of the weather conditions.
The right candidate needs to have the following qualifications:
- A genuine love of dogs
- Must be able to work as a Team
- Must be honest, dependable and responsible
- Must be able to follow instructions
- Need to be available to work weekends and some holidays
- Need to be able to work on your feet for long periods throughout the day
- Some lifting of up to 40 lbs.may be required
- Must have transportation to and from work
We prefer candidates to have a minimum of 6 months experience in the Dog-care Industry, but are willing to train the right candidate who is motivated to grow with our company. A willingness to learn and natural ability to read and understand dog body language will be considered in place of experience.
- Must be Dog Lover – you must truly care about their well-being; making them happy makes you happy
- Ability to follow camp instructions / processes and protocols, we care deeply for all fur babies and run a tight shop!
- Manage, monitor, and engage with, multiple dogs at all times
- Knowledge/willing to learn dog body language and behavior for each breed type
Multitask when not monitoring dogs:
Clean dogs, common areas and relief stations. Cleanliness of premises non-negotiable
Make notes and snap pics for owners in each customized dog profile
Assist with social media – take photos/videos of dogs at play and rest
Assist with special events- holiday, birthday, special occasion and other fun parties!
Other varied team member tasks
- Strong ability to communicate well with everyone, in particular owners, in person and via app
- Always on time, organized, trust-worthy, self-motivated with strong work ethic, and most importantly pride in your performance every day
- Appropriate professional appearance
- Previous kennel, veterinary or dog care experience a plus
3) Job Responsibilities
- Maintain control of groups of dogs in playroom to provide safe, fun environment
- Keep playrooms clean of dog waste (urine, feces, etc.) using spot cleaning during open play
- Deep clean of playrooms
- Follow organizational policies regarding dog safety, appropriate play, and dog training
- Maintain a neat and organized area
- Play and engage with dogs
- Care for all dogs as if they were a part of your family
- Other related duties as assigned
- 18 years of age or older
- Excellent attendance is a must
- Love for dogs
- Commitment to working as part of a team
- Ability to work varied schedules including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Willingness to perform work on camera: all playrooms have live webcams for Pet Parent’s access throughout the day
Physical Job Requirements (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job)
- The ability to stand/walk for the duration of a shift
- The ability to lift 40 pounds and manipulate dogs up to 120 pounds
- The employee is regularly required to talk or hear
In person – visit Human Resource Department to fill out an application Monday – Friday between 9am to 4pm
Online application – www.pbkennelclub.com – Access the application under the “Now Hiring” tab
1111 N. Congress Avenue, West Palm Beach, FL 33409
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org