OUTSTANDING FIELD FOR PALM BEACH KENNEL CLUB $50,000 JAMES W. PAUL 3/8THS MILE CHAMPIONSHIP SATURDAY AFTERNOON, FEBRUARY 24!
IT’S ANY GREYHOUNDS CHAMPIONSHIP!
West Palm Beach, Fl. – The final eight Greyhounds have been determined for Saturday afternoon’s 87th running of Palm Beach Kennel Club’s $50,000 James W. Paul 3/8ths Mile Derby on Saturday afternoon, February 24, one of the nation’s longest-running stake events.
Scoring three qualifying wins and a fifth-place finish is leading point-earner and one of the early favorites to win it all, Suncoast Kennel’s Rcknative Spirit.
Just one qualifying point behind, and who may go off as the Derby favorite is James Douglas Kennel’s box-buster Barts Big Bang. The Douglas Kennel has a second Derby finalist, Big Bang’s brother, the most experienced Greyhound on the 660-Yard Three-Eighths Mile Course, Bartsrunninloose.
Rader Racing Kennel has earned two spots in the $50,000 James W. Paul Derby finals, the impressive pup JS Mane Event and the consistent PJ Whattheywant.
Rounding out the 2018 final Derby contingent will be the track-consistent styling of B & B Racing Kennel’s Popgun Episode and Lester Raines Kennel’s Atascocita Carey, along with the super-early speedster from the Royal Racing Team Kennel, Kaias Blue Belle.
The eight 2018 $50,000 James W. Paul 3/8ths Mile Derby finalists, in order of points scored:
48 Points: Rcknative Spirit (Pat C Clement – RCK Spirit, Suncoast Kennel)
47 Points: Barts Big Bang (Pat C Clement – Barts Magpie, James Douglas)
45 Points: JS Mane Event (KC And All – TY Kay Event, Rader Racing)
37 Points: PJ Whattheywant (Djays Octane – Whats Next, Rader Racing)
35 Points: Bartsrunninloose (Pat C Clement – Barts Magpie, James Douglas)
35 Points: Popgun Episode (Bob’s Skeet – Kpop Episode, B & B Racing)
28 Points: Atascocita Carey (Flying Westover – Atascocita Doris, Lester Raines)
27 Points: Kaias Blue Belle (Trent Lee – Kaias Dahlia, Royal Racing Team)
The $50,000 Derby finalists will meet in Saturday afternoon’s twelfth race, all going for the $25,000 first-place prize.
A press conference and post position draw will be held in the track’s Terrace Restaurant Thursday afternoon, February 22, commencing at 11:45 a.m.
The $50,000 James W. Paul Derby is the second event in Palm Beach Kennel Club’s $150,000 “Big 3″ Stakes series, which includes last month’s $50,000 He’s My Man Classic (Top Notch, Rader Racing Kennel) and the $50,000 Arthur J. Rooney, Sr. St. Patrick’s Invitational (Saturday afternoon, March 17).
The Derby is named in honor of humanitarian, greyhound owner and dedicated supporter of greyhound adoption James W. Paul.
Special activities on this spectacular day of championship racing include:
* Free Admission and Parking!
* 15-Superfecta Races!
* Guaranteed $10,000 Pick 4!
* Cory Marin performs our National Anthem! (12:30 p.m.)
* Food Specials! Hot Dog & Draft Beer for only $4.50 / Hot Dog & Soda for only $3.50!
* Join John Martin with ESPN West Palm Street Team with the Cash Cube and a chance to win up to $500 and other prizes! (In front of first-floor Poker Room, 2:00 – 4:00 pm).
* The first 500 racing fans (age 18 and older) to enter the track will receive a 2018 Souvenir, Collectable Derby Glass, with a listing of all past Derby winners, courtesy of WPTV News Channel 5. (ONE GLASS PER PERSON, NO EXCEPTIONS)
* For the kids, Balloon Artist Karl Koppertop and Ace the Poker Bear! (1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.)
* Greyhound Pet Representatives will be on hand to answer any questions you may have about adopting one of these loving dogs!
* The finale of the 87th running of the $50,000 James W. Paul 3/8ths Mile Derby featuring Palm Beach Kennel Club’s top middle-distance athletes! (Race 12)
Contact: Jeff Prince (561) 683-2222, Ext. 126 / email@example.com
Join Us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/pbkennelclub
Join Us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/pbkennelclub