SEMIFINALS FOR PALM BEACH KENNEL CLUB’S $50,000 JAMES W. PAUL 3/8THS MILE DERBY
SUNDAY AFTERNOON, FEBRUARY 23!
CAN THE REMARKABLE PAT C SNICKERS REMAIN UNDEFEATED!
West Palm Beach, Fl. – The fourth and final round of qualifying for Palm Beach Kennel Club’s $50,000 James W. Paul 3/8ths Mile Derby takes place Sunday afternoon February 23.
Starting with an original field of 32 hopefuls, there are now 16 Greyhounds who have a shot at making the final eight and an opportunity of winning the $25,000 first-place purse.
Heading into the semifinals, only one Greyhound remains undefeated, Koppe, Staats & Collins Kennel’s amazing athlete, Pat C Snickers.
In Sunday afternoon’s 14th race, Pat C Snickers will face off once again with Brindle Kennel’s JD Android. In their last meeting, Android easily defeated Snickers, clocking in at an astounding 37.16 seconds, the second-fastest middle-distance time in track history. Whoever has the lead as the semifinalists enter the backstretch, will most likely win this event. Regardless, both have already qualified for the Derby final.
The lineup for Sunday afternoon’s semifinals:
- K’s Margaret (Dyna Nalin* – K’s Summer, Brindle Kennel)
- O Ya Praire Wind (Oya Stan The Man – O Ya Chewie, Lester Raines)
- My Mila (Need My Moneynow – MW’s French, D. Q. Williams)
- B’s Cappuccino (SH Avatar – Oaks Mocha, Janie Carroll)
- Barts Sizzeler (Golden Squire – Barts Stars, James Douglas)
- Slatex Beretta (Flying Fired Up – Slatex Albany, Janie Carroll)
- Buyusumnewshoes (Superior Panama – Joy Giovanni, Rader Racing)
- Barts These Eyes (Barcelona Boss – B’s That’s My Jam, James Douglas)
- Atascocita Javas (Gigawatt – Atascocita Deja, Suncoast)
- Ethel’s Highclass (Highlyclassified – Ethel Is Here, Janie Carroll)
- Crown Connie (Crown And Crest – Schoolyard, Lester Raines)
- Cuddles N Bubbls (Flying Coal City – Jet City Woman, Rader Racing)
- JD Android (JD Titanium – Allisonracinteam, Brindle)
- Pat C Snickers (Pat C Clement – Pat C Deception, Koppe, Staats & Collins)
- GV Jessie’s Girl (Barcelona Boss – GV Jewel Quest, James Douglas)
- Windy Ernie (Eyes Loaded – Windy Dana, Brindle)
The top eight-point earners following Sunday afternoon’s semifinals will comprise the $50,000 Derby championship field.
The 89th and final running of the Three-Eighths Mile championship final will be contested in the twelfth race Saturday afternoon, February 29, and is one of the nation’s longest running stake events.
The Derby is named in honor of humanitarian, greyhound owner and dedicated supporter of greyhound adoption James W. Paul.
Special activities for this outstanding afternoon of championship Greyhound racing include:
* 15-Superfecta Races!
* Guaranteed $10,000 Pick 4!
* Gary Hodges performs our National Anthem! (12:30 p.m.)
* Food Specials! Hot Dog & Draft Beer for only $4.50 / Hot Dog & Soda for only $3.50!
* Join John Martin with ESPN West Palm Street Team with the Cash Cube and a chance to win up to $500 and other prizes! (In front of first-floor Poker Room, 2:00 – 4:00 pm).
* The first 400 racing fans to enter the track will receive a 2019 Souvenir, Collectable Derby Glass, with a listing of all past Derby winners, courtesy of WPTV News Channel 5. (ONE GLASS PER PERSON, NO EXCEPTIONS, 11:30AM – WHILE THEY LAST)
* For the kids, Balloon Artist Karl Koppertop and Face Painting by Pinky the Clown! (1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.)
* Greyhound Pet Representatives will be on hand to answer any questions you may have about adopting one of these loving dogs!
* The finale of the 89th running of the $50,000 James W. Paul 3/8ths Mile Derby featuring Palm Beach Kennel Club’s top middle-distance athletes! (Race 12)
Contact: Jeff Prince (561) 683-2222, Ext. 126 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Join Us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/pbkennelclub
Join Us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/pbkennelclub