MAY IRISH EYES BE SMILING ON THEM ALL!
$50,000 ARTHUR J. ROONEY, SR.PATRICK’S INVITATIONAL, SATURDAY AFTERNOON, MARCH 17!
West Palm Beach, Fl. – Post positions have been drawn and it’s time for the Greyhounds to do all the talking, as Palm Beach Kennel Club’s prepares for its biggest, most fun and exciting afternoon of the year, the 42nd running of the $50,000 Arthur J. Rooney, Sr. St. Patrick’s Invitational Saturday afternoon, March 17.
And if anyone thought that the post draw would clear anything up about the potential outcome of the Invitational, they would most likely not be correct.
A quick breakdown of the Invitational field shows that several Greyhounds will have a legitimate shot at having the lead as the entries head onto the backstretch, including #2 O Ya Baby Blue, #3 Eyesappealing and #4 Feeling A Breeze.
Looking at the strong first-turn rushers, we offer you #1 JT’s Blindnspeed. His main impediment will be the early speed to his immediate right. This setup is similar to the $50,000 He’s My Man Classic where Blindnspeed also drew the inside post and experienced a lot of first-turn traffic issues.
An interesting handicapping scenario is taking place with the outside entries.
A big question is what will the recent winner of the $50,000 James W. Paul Derby, Barts Big Bang do. Will he break alertly and dash to challenge for the early lead, or will he revert to his previous races on the 545-Yard Royal Palm Course and slow down at the first turn.
Breaking from the seven post is 16-consecutive race winner and All-American Tip Top. He will most likely go off as the post time favorite. The big question with “Tipper” is what will the entry to his immediate right will do on the break. Starting from the eight post is super-pup Barts Putonashow. His racing style includes a strong bias for the inside at the start of a race. In his trek to the rail on the break, will Putonashow interfere with the forward progress of Tip Top or any of the other six Invitational entries. Make no mistake, Barts Putonashow can win the $50,000 Arthur J. Rooney, Sr. St. Patrick’s Invitational. We will know within the first few seconds of the big event.
And that leaves us with last January’s winner of the $50,000 He’s My Man Classic, the canine cannonball, Top Notch.
Regardless of how the Invitational pans out in the early going – traffic issues or not – if Top Notch is anywhere near the frontrunner(s), then he will once again increase his personal wealth by another $25,000.
All in all, this is the most prolific and perplexing St. Patrick’s Invitational field in recent memory.
The “Luck of the Irish” will be smiling on one of these elite eight illustrious and deserving athletes:
- JT’s Blindnspeed (Pat C Sabbath – Julianne Hough, Koppe, Staats & Collins)
- O Ya Baby Blue (KC And All – O Ya Cranberry, Janie Carroll Kennel)
- Eyesappealing (Barcia Bale – Goldilocks, Lester Raines Kennel)
- Feeling A Breeze (Pat C Clement – Keen Katy, Arthur Agganis Kennel)
- Top Notch (Barcelona Boss – Kiowa Starz Sage, Rader Racing Kennel)
- Barts Big Bang (Pat C Clement – Barts Magpie, James Douglas Kennel)
- Tip Top (Barcelona Boss – Kiowa Starz Sage, Rader Racing Kennel)
- Barts Putonashow (KC And All – Seadon Traveler, James Douglas Kennel)
The 42nd running of the $50,000 Arthur J. Rooney, Sr. St. Patrick’s Invitational will be held in Saturday afternoon’s twelfth race with an approximate post time of 4:00 p.m.
Palm Beach Kennel Club honors Arthur J. Rooney Sr. and honors his legacy with our annual St. Patrick’s Invitational. “The Chief” was the founding owner of the Pittsburgh Steelers, established in 1933 and bought the Palm Beach Kennel Club in 1970 and Yonkers Raceway in 1972. He was also an outstanding athlete playing football, baseball and amateur boxing. He will always be remembered as one of the most popular figures in sports.
Special activities for this exceptional afternoon of championship Greyhound racing include:
* Free Admission and Parking!
* 15-Superfecta Races!
* $10,000 Guaranteed Pick 4!
* Join John Martin with ESPN West Palm’s Street Team for a chance to win up to $500 in the Cash Cube! (In front of Poker Room, 2:00-4:00 pm)
* Enjoy Live Irish Dancing performed by Tir na Greine! (Outside Stage,
12:15 p.m. – 12:45 p.m.)
* Our National Anthem performed live by Bailee Bonick! (12:45 pm)
* For the kids, Karl Koppertop will be here with his amazing Balloon Magic along with the popular Ace the Bear!
* Greyhound Pet Representatives will be on hand to answer any questions you may have about adopting one of these loving dogs!
* Irish Food & Rooney’s Drink Specials in the Paddock and Terrace Restaurant!
* The 42nd running of the $50,000 Arthur J. Rooney, Sr. St. Patrick’s Invitational! (Race 12)
Contact: Jeff Prince (561) 683-2222, Ext. 126 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Join Us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/pbkennelclub
Join Us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/pbkennelclub